The decade of inequality reduction in Latin America: reasons, lessons and questions of sustainability
Seminar (Oslo, 6 June) with Alicia Bárcena, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- NOLAN 2013 - Call for papers and panels
- Visepresidenter og suksesjon i Amerika og i Venezuela
- Conga: Emerging socio-environmental conflicts & environmental politics in Humala’s Peru
- Brazil and Norway: building partnerships in areas of strategic importance (Engl.)
- Tracks through the jungle: Bolivia and the TIPNIS conflict
- The Argentinian post-electoral prospect after Kirchner, Cristina
- Nicaragua: The chronicle of an electoral victory foretold
- Chile, a sustainable society?
The challenges of implementing REDD in Bolivia
Researcher and PhD candidate Cecilie Hirsch examines the challenges of implementing the international climate change mitigation initiative REDD (Reduced Emissions from Deforestation and forest Degradation) in the Bolivian context, and focuses on the role of civil society and social movements in the shaping of environmental policy.
Making New York Dominican: Small business, politics, and everyday life
In this book Christian Krohn-Hansen, University of Oslo, asks both how Dominicans have influenced New York City and how the move to New York has affected the lives of Dominican immigrants.
El dilema de la lealtad: algunas razones de la inestabilidad de la vicepresidencia en América Latina
Blog post by Leiv Marsteintredet, University of Oslo, on condistintosacentos, at the University of Salamanca, Spain.