Presentations from the seminar "From coup d’état to World Cup: Brazil’s achievements and challenges 50 years after the military coup "
Access the presentations from the seminar arranged on 12 May 2014 at Litteraturhuset in Oslo.
1. THE COUP AND ITS LEGACIES IN BRAZIL’S POLITICAL SYSTEM, by Fabiano Guilherme Santos, Professor Institute for Social and Political Studies, State University of Rio de Janeiro
2. THE LEGACY OF THE DICTATORSHIP ON BRAZIL’S ECONOMIC MODEL, by Yuri Kasahara, Senior Researcher, NIBR
3. BRAZIL’S TRUTH COMMISSIONS AND TRANSITIONAL JUSTICE IN COMPARATIVE PERSPECTIVE, by Nora Sveaas, Associate Professor, Department of Psychology, University of Oslo
4. A POST-DICTATORSHIP GENERATION? THE IMPORTANCE OF THE DICTATORSHIP FOR THE CURRENT BRAZILIAN POLITICAL LEADERS, by Torkjell Leira, Advisor, University of Oslo
5. AUTHORITARIAN LEGACIES, DEMOCRACY AND POPULAR RESISTANCE IN THE BRAZILIAN COUNTRYSIDE, by Miguel Carter, Research Fellow, American University