NorLARNet Curso de maestría 2018
Bienvenidos a un encuentro nacional de estudiantes de máster que escriban sobre un tema de Latinoamérica
15 - 16 February 2018
NorLARNet invites master students enrolled at a master programme of a University / University College in Norway to a two-day course to exchange experiences and discuss your master theses with senior academic staff. The course is open for students from all disciplines, who have planned or started a master thesis related to Latin America.
It will be organized as a two-day course at Haraldsheim, Oslo, starting on Thursday 15 February, probably at 11:00, and ending at aprox. 16:00 on Friday 16 February.
Each student will be asked to present plans / an outline or an excerpt from their thesis, depending on the stage they are on, and to hand in a written presentation beforehand. You will receive comments from fellow students and from at least one of the following senior academic staff:
There will also be two lectures:
Benedicte Bull: "Latin America 2018: Many elections, less Democracy?"
Mariel Aguilar-Støen: ""How to study conflicts around extractive industries in marginal and multicultural contexts"
NorLARNet will cover travel and meals for all, plus accommodation at Haraldsheim for students from outside the Oslo area, but there will be a small charge of 300 NOK for the whole course. If there are many applicants, we will have to limit the number of participants.
To apply, please send an e-mail by 25 January to: email@example.com.
For planning purposes, please attach:
- A one page description of your thesis/plans
- Confirmation of enrolment in a master programme
- Your preffered travel itinerary (We will order the tickets. For travel expenses to be covered, they will have to be kept as low as possible.)
- Language of your presentation (The preferred language is English, but if it is impossible for you to make your presentation in English, Spanish will be accepted.)
- Need for accommodation at Haraldsheim (Haraldsheim is a youth hostel, and you should expect to share a room with one or more of the other students.)